Does your device have a bad ESN/IMEI?
An ESN/IMEI is associated with any device capable of connecting to a carrier's network. See how to
locate the ESN/IMEI of your device here. A bad ESN/IMEI can be due to
many factors including, but not limited to, a device (such as a phone, tablet, watch, etc.)
currently being active on an account, reported Lost or Stolen, or with an
unpaid balance due on the orginal owner's account.
You can check the ESN/IMEI status of your device using
Swappa's check IMEI/ESN tool
If your device is currently under a finance plan with any network carrier, ensure that it is paid off
before selling it to us.
After paying off your device, unlock it from your carrier to get the best offer! We normally will use
a third-party unlocking service to unlock a network sim-locked device at a cost.
This cost will be deducted from your offer if your device is sent to us with a network sim lock.
Getting your carrier to unlock your device is really easy! Here is how to do it for all 4 major
- AT&T: Unlock your AT&T device using
AT&T's online unlocking
- Sprint: Call Sprint on 1 (855) 639-4644 to request a device unlock.
- T-mobile: Call T-mobile on 1 (877) 746-0909 to request a device unlock.
- Verizon: Call verizon on 1 (888) 294-6804 to request a device unlock.
If you’re unsure of the finance status of a device with an ESN/IMEI number, call your network
Does your device have any security access locks?
Almost every modern device comes with a security access lock of some sort. Laptops have user login
accounts, Android devices have Google Activation locks, Apple devices have iCloud locks etc. Be sure
to sign out from all accounts and remove all locks (if applicable to your device) before shipping to
Be advised that:
- We do not buy devices that have been reported lost or stolen. We will report such devices
received to law enforcement.
- We do not buy devices that are not paid off or under financial contracts.
- We do not buy devices with password locks, activation and/or icloud locks.
- You will be responsible for the return shipping payment if you send us a device described in (2)
and (3) above.